7-5-14 Just For You...

"I've got something just for you…," a familiar female voice said from around the corner of the house.

Even though the voice inflection should have warned me, I rounded the corner and met a yellow water balloon in flight.  However, it bounced off my shoulder, landed on the ground and then popped, harmlessly and unrewardingly dispensing its contents in the grass.  Thus, began a free-for-all family water balloon fight on a hot July day.

The water balloon turned out to be the gift of a few minutes of fun.  God has a much more lasting gift that He is offering with all sincerity and love.  That gift is eternal life as mentioned in Romans 6:23. The problem is, how can I receive something I cannot see?

Years ago, I learned that all I needed do was let God know that I believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ - that I believe He died a cruel torturous death to pay for my sin.  I don't have to go to hell to pay for my sin.  I can have a reservation in heaven.  I can have God with me every minute of every day, watching over me, guiding me and caring for me!   

I learned I could receive this gift by confessing my belief to God.  The instant I did this, I was saved! I am saved from hell and saved for heaven! Plus, I have the privilege of having a relationship with my loving God.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-10.


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: