8-1-14 It Ain't Natural

"You worship some invisible deity in the sky, that ain't natural," challenged a stranger on Facebook one day.  

He is right.  It isn't natural.  It is natural that he could not understand why someone would believe in a God.  He was under the influence of another spirit, but didn't realize it.

It is natural for man to sin.  It is natural for man to think believing in God is foolishness. It is natural that mankind wouldn't understand God.

Another person told me, "If you think that God gave me Parkinson's you're nuts.  God is a good God and would not do that to me." That is natural thinking for someone that does not know God. He is a good God, no matter what. 

Once I trusted Christ as my Savior, it became possible to see the spiritual side of things. I now understand that God is real, that Jesus died on the cross and rose again.  I now know that God helps me through each day.  I understand that He has a purpose for my Parkinson's and that He can use it for His glory. 

The Holy Spirit helps me understand these things. Before I was saved, I had the spirit of the world.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:12-14

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: