8-8-14 It's Done

“Windows XP Support has ended. If you don’t like the idea of your data and personal information being hacked, or your PC's just not working like it used to, consider moving to Windows 8.1.” This announcement seriously annoyed me.  To upgrade to Windows 8.1 meant I had to get a new computer. Now I was irritated.  Off to the store I went and purchased one for myself and my wife.

I had the store do a little work and install a couple programs, as well.  They called a couple days later to say that they were done.  I brought them home and set them up only to discover that the sound did not work on mine.  Back to the store.  A day or so later they called to say it was done.  I got home and the new programs were not registered and thusly would not open. I instructed them to make sure the programs installed, running and with icons on the desktop. In a day or so they called to say that the computer was done. This time, I had them check their work before I left the store and one program was still not registered.  They did it on the spot.  (They were very apologetic and gave a nice gift card for the hassle).

They had told me several times that the computers were done, but they still had things to do. They really weren’t done.

When Jesus died on the cross, the work was done.  We cannot do anything to gain our salvation.  It is already done.  Jesus didn’t die on the cross and then require we do works to earn it – then it wouldn’t be done. It’s either done or do.  I praise God that Jesus got the job done.  All the works I do have nothing to do with salvation, but rather because God is working through me.

“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.” John 19:30.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: