10-10-14 Ah...We Still Have a Little Problem


Esther reminded the king of the original problem – Haman’s order to kill all the Jews in the kingdom.  He had taken care of the source of the problem, but the law was still in effect.  They also had a law that when a law was put in effect that it could not be revoked.  Sounds to me like that law should have been revoked.  The point is that only the king could do anything about it.

Esther approached the king with respect of his office and power.  She did not place blame on him for making Haman’s idea the law of the land. She approached him with the proper demeanor to seek an audience with Him.

I know that I am often too quick to lay blame at God’s feet for allowing something to happen.  I know I don’t understand why some things happen, but I do know He knows more than I do and that He is in control.  He does allow me the privilege to come to Him with my prayers, concerns, heartaches and troubles. 

I learned much from a former boss, who probably was the best boss I ever had.  On one particular occasion, I watched another employee march up to his desk and demand a raise.  He sat back in his chair, crossed his arms and calmly denied the demand. The moment he sat back and crossed his arms I knew that employee was not getting a raise. Had that employee approached him with respect and civility, he would have worked with him/her to accomplish their desire.

 “And Esther spake yet again before the king, and fell down at his feet, and besought him with tears to put away the mischief of Haman the Agagite, and his device that he had devised against the Jews.” Esther 8:3.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: