10-16-14 Good News


Haman’s evil goal of killing all the Jews would have brought death and hardship to the kingdom. A dark time, mourning, sadness and dishonor upon the kingdom would have resulted. However, Mordecai helped the king to right. This is a picture of repentance by a kingdom.  Without repentance the kingdom would have continued on a downward direction for years, leading possible financial ruin. Instead, the entire kingdom rejoiced and was glad.

I have witnessed people steeped in misery and hardship because of their poor decisions in life become happy and healthy once they turned to God.  The word, “gospel” means “good news.” Those that have responded to the good news have traded the life of darkness and hopelessness from sin, along with its misery, unhappiness and dishonor for light, gladness, joy and honor.

I praise God that I turned from my sin to Jesus Christ.  I can only imagine the miserable existence I may be living today had I rejected the good news.  Certainly, my life is not trouble free, but I experience light, gladness, joy and honor that I never would without Jesus. 

“And Mordecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, and with a great crown of gold, and with a garment of fine linen and purple: and the city of Shushan rejoiced and was glad. The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour.” Esther 8:15-16

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: