10-22-14 The Ripple Effect


I find a peaceful existence is much less stressful.  I discovered laughing is much more fun than complaining.  I have learned that others seem to enjoy peace as much as I do. In fact, when the workplace is peaceful, the job is easier to do.  When siblings are bickering, peace and tranquility disappear.  Life is better when peace reigns. 

Thus, I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t seek peace.  Seeking peace helps me and helps those around me.  When those around me seek peace, it benefits those in their circle of contacts.  It can create a ripple effect. 

Mordecai had been promoted to a place of power and influence.  He could have been oppressive and mean. Instead, he was kind and spoke of peace. He sought to benefit his people, which benefited the kingdom.  He spoke peace to his family, which spread the message to their friends and throughout the country.  When Haman was in charge stress and persecution was the norm. However, things had changed for the better.

I may be one person, but I can seek to bring peace around me. Plus, it brings credibility to my Christianity. I must admit that I need God to help me seek peace when things go wrong.

“For Mordecai the Jew was next unto king Ahasuerus, and great among the Jews, and accepted of the multitude of his brethren, seeking the wealth of his people, and speaking peace to all his seed.” Esther 10:3.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: