10-28-14 Stupid Stuff


Stupid stuff happens to me and I hate stupid stuff.  I don’t like to talk about it because I rarely see it happen to other people. For example, yesterday I bought a pop.  I put it in the freezer so that it would be super cold – just the way I like it. After a while I took it out.  It had not frozen.  Now, I have done this enough to know that when I open it, it is likely to form ice slush at the top.  Perfect. 

On this morning, however, I took the pop out of the freezer, unscrewed the lid and nothing happened.  No big deal.  It just hadn’t been in there long enough.  I took a swig, put the top back on and set it on the coaster and began working on my computer.  After a bit, I took the pop, unscrewed the lid and pop spewed all over.  It was not a dribble, yet it was not a gusher, but it was a definite spew.  Ice formed at the top. This should not have happened because it had already been opened.  Stupid stuff, grrrr. 

Certainly this does not come under the category of a fiery trial, but more of a nuisance event. But I still like to think of stupid stuff as strange – as in unique to me.  Some of these events can actually be considered minor disasters.  Regardless of the magnitude of my “trial,” I have a hard time rejoicing.  I understand that my reaction can reveal Christ’s glory or my carnality.

This verse says that instead of grumbling about stickiness spewing on my clothes that I can be glad with exceeding joy.  I’m working on that. 

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.” I Peter 4:12-13.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: