11-5-14 The Easy Way


“Why are you going to meetings at that religious organization?” I asked a coworker.

“Because it is easier to be told what to believe than to study or have to think about it.” She replied and refused to discuss the topic further.

I like to take the easy way, or maybe it is the lazy way, but it usually doesn’t work out so well.  Trying to take too many sacks of groceries in from the car doesn’t usually work out well. Because of my PD, it causes cramping and I can drop stuff – not good especially when the Doritos are on the bottom.

I have tried to take a short cut in studying for a sermon.  Every time I skip a verse because I don’t understand it fully, someone will ask about it. God wants me to dig a little.  He wants me to learn.  When I spend time looking up words, finding opinions from other who know more than I do, and then get to the point that I can explain it to a child.  Then I have learned something.

The problem with simply accepting a point of view without study is that it can be wrong.  I hate being had.  Since there are many con artists in religions, it behooves me to check things out.  When it comes to my eternal destiny it is well worth the effort to discern the truth.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” II Timothy 2:15.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: