1-12-15 So What Do You Think?


“I’m offering you a job. You can start tomorrow. Of course, you can no longer work for the competition or where their old uniforms, even in your time off. But remember, I am offering you so much more than what they can do. So, what do you think?”

The guy offering me a job expected me to break all ties with his competition – the place I currently worked for. He wanted me to separate from them and any affiliation with them. He didn’t even want me to wear my old uniforms, even though I paid for them myself.  I owned them.

I accepted the new job.  I walked away from the security of the old job – and the problems there – for a new job.  It was exciting wearing the new uniforms and representing a new auto body repair shop.  The former boss seemed rather perturbed when I gave him the news that I was leaving.  The new boss welcomed me and kept his word in all respects.  I enjoyed working for him.

God expects no less from me.  Once I trusted Christ as my Savior, I walked away from my former life for a new one.  I left the most dysfunctional family and cruel father (the devil) for the most loving Father imaginable. He let me become part of his family, but only if chose to do so. This invitation is open to everyone. So, what do you think?

“Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” II Corinthians 6:17-18.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: