1-14-15 The Cheerful Chimp



I bought something in a store the other day and received two cents change.  I turned to my wife and said, “I have two cents, I would like to give you my two cents…”

Before I could finish she said, “I don’t want it, I don’t want to hear it. Keep your two cents to yourself.”

“But, but, this doesn’t happen often. It may never happen again.”

The clerk found it funny as we bantered back and forth.  She could tell by our cheerful countenances that we were having fun.

In a second hand store, I bought a cheerful baby chimp puppet (I am a Gospel ventriloquist). At the checkout counter I set the puppet on her shoulder and had it talk to the clerk.  My wife walked out from under the puppet and left me with a puppet hanging oddly from my hand.  The clerk enjoyed it and even gave us a discount on our purchases.

I enjoy humor.  I always have.  I suppose going out in public with me can be an adventure. But, God gave us the ability to laugh and to see humor in life.  Why not use it?  It’s ok to laugh, its ok.  Seriously, it is.

“A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” Proverbs 15:13.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

PS.  Still contemplating a name for her.  She is going to have a four year old girl's personality.  She needs a ribbon or two, yet.  Name suggestions are welcome.

No comments: