1-16-15 What's the Plan?


Like most kids I wondered what the future would bring.  I had some ideas. I loved cars and decided to become an auto body repairman.  I enjoyed repairing cars, but not a good choice.  It may have caused my Parkinson’s.  I wonder now what God could have done with my life if I had trusted Him sooner. I would like to have known His plan for my life.  He chose to unveil it little by little.

Now, I find it amazing that God can use a nobody like me. He allowed me the privilege to pastor a church and now to write some humorous stuff. Sometimes He even lets me be an encouragement to somebody. He even lets me play with puppets.  Yup, God gives people natural abilities to do certain things.  Some are great leaders, some wonderful musicians, and some ventriloquists.  Before I was even conceived God had a plan for my life, which included writing, speaking, ventriloquism and Parkinson’s disease.  He has used each thing for His glory.

God had a plan for Jeremiah before he was even conceived! He set him apart (sanctified) him for a special purpose – to be a prophet.  In the same manner, God had a plan for me! Yet, He gave me the choice to accept Jesus as my Savior or walk away.  Nevertheless, He had a plan. 

“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: