1-2-15 An Imposter


I saw a video on the internet about a parking lot attendant that retired.  For 20+ years people depended on a uniformed valet parking lot attendant.  Everyone paid a fee for his services and enjoyed talking with him. 

One day, he wasn’t there.  People complained to the company, but he was not hired by the company.  People complained to the city, but he didn’t work for the city. I turned out that no one had hired him. He had simply bought a uniform and began charging people for his services.  He did a good job and had built such a great rapport that people were shocked.

He was an imposter.  He had pulled off a 20+ year con and is now retired, presumably in a tropical island. God knows Christians that are imposters – those posing as Christians.  For example, He knew Judas was an imposter from the very beginning. I think that some believe their own con, but will hear the saddest words in the Bible: “I never knew you.”

The parking lot attendant may have pulled off his con, but nothing gets by God.  It’s not whether I know who God is, or think that I do, it’s whether He knows me.  He knows His own.  His spirit witnesses with my spirit.  I don’t have to try to convince myself that I am saved. 

I pray that no one is an imposter and has to hear the saddest words in the Bible:

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:21-23.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: