1-6-15 Wanted


My mother never kept the news from me or my sister that we had been adopted.  My birthmother (who I met much later in life) always loved me and prayed for me through the years.  My adoptive mother did, too.  My adoptive father passed away when I was seven years old.  Mom remarried and they raised me and my sister as their own.

When talking about this one day, they told me that adopted kids are wanted.  For whatever reason that the birthmother couldn’t raise me, they assured me that they wanted me. 

When I got saved, I left the most dysfunctional father (the devil) for the greatest Father ever.  He had his Son die on the cross for me to provide the way.  He wanted me!  He adopted me into His family!  I am one of His kids! I rejected Him for years.  I did not accept the free gift of salvation and adoption into His family.

Isn’t it great to know that God wants us? He has taken care of all the adoption prerequisites. All we have to do is accept it.  We are wanted!

“But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.” Galatians 4:4-5.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: