1-8-15 Daddy!


As a kid, spending time with Dad was special, it didn’t matter whether it was fishing or working on a project around the house. He was more than a father. At those times, he was a friend, advice-giver and teacher, as well as the one who went to work every day to pay the bills. He was my protector. He was a Dad.  Most males can “father” a child, but not all of them are dads.  A dad is special.

My heavenly father is more than a father figure. He is Abba Father.  “Abba” is a term of endearment that children used of their fathers - in our vernacular, “Daddy” or “Poppa.”  When God adopted me into His family, I became His son and He became my “Daddy.”

Thus, my heavenly Father wants to spend time with me.  He wants to be my friend, advice-giver, and teacher. He supplies my needs, encourages, heals, and protects me as well.  He is approachable.  He loves me and wants to spend time with me.

“Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: