9-10-15 Job Evaluation


“It’s time for your annual job evaluation,” my boss announced. “Here you go. Fill it out and we will review it together.”

Answering questions on my own job evaluation creates a quandary. I want to give myself the highest ratings possible, I think I am doing very well. However, my boss may not think so. Therefore, I should rate good, but not too good. I have to ask myself, “If I had to deal with me, would I like dealing with me?” Should I mention negative things? Maybe the boss doesn’t realize them.

Later, we would discuss the questions and answers. The bosses I had that were fair would bring up good things as well as improvements they would like to see. Sometimes they would reward me with a raise. Then the evaluation would go in my file.

It seems we humans can remember negative stuff without a problem. Perhaps, good things should go in the file, too. I mean besides the annual job evaluation form. God doesn’t need a file to be reminded of things. He mentioned the book of remembrance so that we can feel assured that we are not forgotten.

I wonder how it would go if I had to fill out a “job evaluation” with God today. What would go in my file?

“Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.” Malachi 3:16.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/09/10/job-evaluation/

No comments: