9-16-15 Some Things are Just Special


“Ok, you put a small handful of sand in the pan along with some water and swish it around like this. As you let some water splash out it takes the lighter debris along with it. Eventually, you will have only the heavier stuff left. Gold and jewels will be left because they are heavier. It took a long time for the prospectors to get enough gold to make it worthwhile to sell. There are places that a person can pan for gold in the creeks, but you have to get the right permits. Keep panning here and you might find some gold…” the tour guide kept encouraging us to keep at it until we found some pretty rocks. I went home with some red rocks – garnets, which could be used in jewelry.

Like the garnets, they can be used in special ways. What makes them special? People like them. That’s all there is to it. A little cutting and polishing and they look very pretty. God considers some people “jewels” or “treasures” – something special. He can bring out the attractiveness in His jewels.

I have people in my life I consider special. Some people even consider me special. Since I know me better than they do, I wonder why at times. I am really nothing special. When I trusted Christ as my Savior, I became His. When God decides it is time to sift the debris from the jewels, he will spare me because He considers me special. I am His. The debris will not be saved or spared. 

The concept that really baffles me is that God thinks I am special.

“And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.” Malachi 3:17.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/some-things-are-just-special/

No comments: