9-28-15 NOPE!



The closest I ever came to giving a cat a bath occurred years ago. Misha, our Siamese cross decided to be affectionate while I was painting a wall in the house. She rubbed up against me and then the freshly painted wall. Her entire side was full of paint. To clean her, I opened the shower door, adjusted the water temp and threw her in. She cried and carried on, but no one was hurt and she came out clean. If she had her way she would have said, “Nope, I’ll live with it.”

Jonah said, “Nope” to God regarding the Ninevites. He didn’t care about them. He turned his face away from God and ran. Something he would later regret doing.

There are times that I would opt out of something God has for me. I don’t want to do what God wants me to do, even though I would rejoice when it’s over. Then when God does it anyway, I cry and carry on about it. I am learning that it is better to go along with God’s will rather than fight it.

“Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.” Jonah 1.1-3

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/09/28/nope/

No comments: