9-23-15 Ah, the Good Life


When my parents went on vacation, I stayed on my uncle’s farm for that timespan. For a city kid, it had a lot of different things to do, see and smell. I woke up in the morning to the sound of pigs fighting for food at the feeder. My cousins got up early to milk the cows. The cats would be waiting outside the house door for handouts. The dog was ready to tag along for any adventures that might be in store.

My favorite part was feeding the calves some milk. It seems they had been weaned from their mother and put in a special pen. Usually, a calf or two would make it to the fair later in the summer. Those calves received special treatment and watch care. They would grow up without scars, blemishes or disease. They missed out on the hardships of inclement weather in the pasture and the destination of the packing plant. The point is that they calves could be fed, watered and cared for much more efficiently. Actually, they had it good.

God is saying that those that fear God will actually receive His loving care. He will treat them special. They will not receive the hardships and consequences of the wicked. They will grow up strong and satisfied.
I take this as a promise that God will take special care of me if I let Him. I shall grow up as a calf of the stall – ah, the good life in comparison to the wicked.

“But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.” Malachi 4:2-3.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/ah-the-good-life/

No comments: