12-13-15 What Happened?


On a personal level I have learned that my social status can change quickly, especially on the matrimonial front. I think of something that I feel would be funny and follow through with it and go from hero to zero so quickly that there is only unrivaled astonishment left. I realize that that didn’t go so well.  However, another day, another idea… I wonder, “Will this be worth it or not.” Then suddenly my hero status has been revoked once again.

Then there are the rare occasions when I go from zero to hero. Then, I bask in the status-faction of my heroic actions.

I have seen famous people get so popular and then suddenly they are gone. For example, the Duck Dynasty people suddenly had their faces on every kind of product imaginable and this year nothing. Gone. Or Bill Cosby. Or King David. Celebrities pop up and disappear just as quickly.

God exalts some and dethrones others. With this in mind, we can all find ourselves on top of the world one day and wallowing in refuse the next saying, “What happened?”. This concept reminds me that I am not really in charge of things, God is. I do what I can but God does the blessing according to his will.

“Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.” James 1:9-10.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/what-happened/

No comments: