12-16-15 Will I Win?


I’m not the brightest bulb in the marquee, yet I have figured out that people who quit will not win the contest they entered. This verse implies to me that I could look at a temptation as a contest. Will I win or quit? Will I win or succumb to the temptation?

I’ve noticed that at times I am tempted to “give someone a piece of my mind.” That would be a bad idea, I need what I have left. Anyway, I can win the contest by not doing so or by using tact and wisdom in dealing with the problem. The idea is to solve the problem, giving them a piece of my mind would make my problem worse.

Our new kitchen faucet began to leak recently. I didn’t look at this as an opportunity to win over temptation. I made faces at it and grumbled about this development. It is NOT what I wanted to deal with that day. The internet said that the company would provide the parts to repair it under warranty. They required that I mail the info and they would mail the parts to me. Since that sounded like two or more weeks without it working right, I found the receipt and went to the store where I purchased it. I talked with the clerk. He said they didn’t carry the repair kit – that it wasn’t even available through the store. In other words, he couldn’t order it. He looked at the receipt and said that I could return it to the store since it was still within the 90 day window by three days.

It was simple enough to replace the whole faucet, other than it aggravates my Parkinson’s. I did mention to the clerk that his store should have parts available for the products they sell. I felt I was able to make my point without giving him a piece of my mind. Sometimes I win the contest, sometimes I don’t. But I am learning…

 “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” James 1:12.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/12/16/will-i-win

No comments: