12-8-15 I Hate Feeling Stupid


I hate feeling stupid. I really do. Especially when someone is in line behind me because I know that they know that I feel stupid and agree.

I went to the grocery store early one morning. I couldn’t find any clerks to help me check out. Thusly, I was forced to use the self-checkout machines. I had never ever used one. Somehow I just don’t like paying the same price for stuff when I have to do the work myself. Besides I can’t converse with anyone but me.

The machine wanted my store card (which is another thing. If I got a card from every store…fuss fuss). I swiped it. Then it wanted me to scan stuff and put it in the sack. It got mad at me, shifted into pout mode and wouldn’t allow me to scan anymore. It told me to find a clerk. “If there was a clerk nearby, I wouldn’t be in this fix,” I thought. I looked around and no employees were in sight. I couldn’t get the machine to cancel, talk back to me or anything. I felt stupid. I was glad that no one was behind me giggling at my ineptitude.

Eventually, it timed out and canceled my potential purchase. I was relieved because I had been concerned that if I had found a clerk I would have gotten the one with a belittling attitude. You know, the kind that show you what to do, but that tone of voice lets you know they think you are as stupid as you feel.

I am so glad that God does not do that. If I ask for wisdom, or help of any king, He answers me and upbraideth not. In other words, He does not make me feel stupid for asking. I can feel stupid enough without being upbraided for it.

“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/i-hate-feeling-stupid/

No comments: