1-30-16 The Salesman

“You have to have some larceny in your heart to do this job,” the sales manager told me. I just couldn’t bring myself to sell cars if I had to be dishonest to do so. I have always despised dishonest salesmen. The sale is the end game. I know I cannot trust a salesman completely.

I did have a fun time with one, though. I was looking at a 75 or so Ford Granada. I noticed something odd so I asked the salesman, “Has this car ever been wrecked?”

“Oh, no. I can personally vouch for this car because I know the owner.”

“Never been wrecked?”

“No sir.”

“Then how come it says ‘Granada’ on this side and ‘Monarch’ on the other side?” I asked as I pointed to the nameplates. He turned and walked back into his office without another word.

I could tell he was not as honest as he wanted me to believe because I caught him in a lie.

Every four years we have a new batch of presidential candidates. Most of which are lawyers that went into politics. This time we have a doctor and a business man running for office. The doctor doesn’t bother me much, but the business man is really a salesman. He has no qualms about saying so either.

I truly have trouble with a salesman as President. He has already shown that his words don’t match his actions. His end came is to sell himself, no matter what it takes.

Am I someone just trying to sell myself to everyone I meet? Or can they simply draw the conclusion that I am a Christian by my actions. My works are merely a display of my faith.

“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” James 2:17-18.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/01/30/the-salesman/

No comments: