1-4-16 Haven’t You Looked in the Mirror Lately?


“Honey, you can’t go with me looking like that,” my wife announced as we were walking to the car.

“What?”

“Haven’t you looked in the mirror lately?”

“Yeah, I looked in the mirror. Why?”

“You are wearing ratty clothes, haven’t shaved and your hair is a mess!”

“Really?”

The mirror doesn’t lie. It reflects all my imperfections as well as my good points. The purpose of the mirror is to fix the messy hair, shave my face deal with any hairs coming out of strange places. I used to get zits, but that would be a sign of youth now and I would wear it proudly – until my wife sent me back to the mirror.

The point of this passage is that I am supposed to deal with spiritual issues just like I would use a mirror. I am to remove ugly stuff and improve what I have.

“ For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.” James 1:23-24.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff

 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/havent-you-looked-in-the-mirror-lately/

No comments: