2-25-26 A Plethora of Misinformation


I have known people that are filled with misinformation and not afraid to share it. At the same time I have known people that are very intelligent and have very little to say.

I have become much more cynical now that I can access information on the internet so easily. I can find anything I want, but I don’t know if I can trust it. I can research all I desire, but much I fund is wrong. It is a very tedious process to sort through the junk, stuff and debris to find the truth. The internet is a plethora of misinformation and full of blowhards.

A blowhard counteracts his/her misinformation by keeping people from thinking. He/she twists and turns the information inside out and makes it sound logical. He/she throws in little distractions and tempts a listener to follow him/her down bunny trails, loving the debate, not the truth.

James tells us that a wise man is one that has knowledge and education. This wisdom manifests itself through a good lifestyle and wise use of his wisdom. He does not need to shout, spout and jump about to get his point across. He lives the truth and tells the truth. He does not argue with ignorance. A wise man is not a virtual fountain of distortions and misinterpretations. He is a quiet source of help and truth.

The best way to ensure that I am not my own plethora of misinformation is to use the Bible as my source and then simply to live it.

“Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.” James 3:13.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/…/a-plethora-of-misinfo…

No comments: