2-5-16 Persistent Weeds


A bogus buddy of mine was complaining about some kind of thorny bush that insisted on returning no matter what he did to kill it. He cut it down, but it came back. He sprayed it with weed killer, but after a while it came back again. He tried burning it, but still new sprigs of life would spring anew. One day I saw him chopping and digging and chopping and digging until he had a large whole. Pieces of roots, dirt and rocks where strew everywhere. Sweat formed streaks through the dirt on his face. He lit a fire in the pit, then when that burned out he poured weed killer in the hole. However, in a couple of weeks new shoots of thorny bush pushed up through the soil.

“I don’t know what to do!” He said to me as he sprinkled some granular stuff over the area.

“What’s are you spreading there?”

“Some nasty poisonous stuff. It killed my petunias and marigolds so I thought it might kill this.”

After examining it, we concluded that in reality it was fertilizer. It was too strong for the flowers but fed the thorny bush just the right nutrients to thrive. As my fictional friend tried his hardest to rid his yard of the nasty shrubbery, he also fed it.

No matter how hard I try to remove sin in my life. If I feed it, it will always come back.

“Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth” I Corinthians 13:6.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: