3-30-16 Lord Willing...


Last week I prepared to set up a booth at the local flea market. I set up my booth in the garage so that I could see what I needed to display my stuff. I priced the stuff, too. I wanted to be ready. Once I had it figured out, I loaded up the pickup and tied it all down. I made sure I had money to make change. I had my hat to protect from the sun. I even collected some old Walmart bags for buyers. I was ready for the next morning.

Saturday morning, my Parkinson’s said it was a bad idea. I decided to stay home and rest. The weather turned nasty – sporadic snowflakes and wind reminded me of how miserable it would have been had I gone anyway. Life is flexible. It has to be with Parkinson’s.

All that planning for nothing – or was it? God didn’t allow me to go that day. As I thought on it, I realized that I wasn’t upset because I knew I would have been down physically for a day or two. If that would have happened, I would have missed Easter services at church.

Now, my plans are: Lord willing, I will go to the flea market this weekend.

“Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.” James 4:13-15.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff


https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/

No comments: