3-28-16 See What's Wrong?


It seems society has trained me to be critical. It all
started with my mom. She noticed when I did something wrong and got after me about it. The teacher in school always found what was wrong with my tests and essays. Now, I notice gaffs in TV shows and comment how stupid that was. I notice the flaws in things people make. I have this ability to see what is wrong in other people’s lives.
I also have the ability to disguise or totally hide my flaws from myself. I hate when others see mistakes in my ventriloquism skits, my writings or sermons. This means they are just like me. That can’t be! I am my authority. I resent criticism.
Maybe I can’t blame society or my Mom. The reality is that God gave us the ability to see faults in others. The purpose is not to criticize and condemn them, but rather to pray for them and help them. Whether I like it or not, I need prayer and help, too.
Basically, James is saying: don’t badmouth each other, (brethren = saved people). He that badmouths his brother condemns him, thus replacing the law with himself as the law. There is only one (God) that has that position. Just who do you think you are?
The thought for today is: When I see something wrong in someone’s life, I have a choise. I can criticize or I can help out or at least pray for another person. I can take it to God or I can grump about it.
“Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?” James 4:11-12.
© copyright 2016
Kevin T Boekhoff
https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/03/28/see-whats-wrong/

No comments: