4-11-16 Kid Kidnappers


I had noticed, on more than one occasion, how the new neighbor kids played. The boys would chase, capture, bind and shove the girls along. Evidently, the games in their home country were different than ours. I wondered how did they learn such play? What would they boys be like when they grew up? Would the girls allow the abuse when they became adults?

This reminded me of how power corrupts people. Rather than learning to protect the younger and weaker siblings, they were practicing abuse. The more power a person has, the more likely he/she will feel untouchable and become abusive. History is full of wicked leaders that killed their own people.

Just because one is a leader does not give him/her permission to abuse. God told us which kings of Israel and Juda in the Old Testament where godly or ungodly. A leader that realizes that he/she answers to God will help him/her be the right kind of leader. Someone that has a history of dishonesty, fraud, and unfair dealings should not be a leader of a country. Power will only make it worse.

In areas that I have some authority, I must remember I answer to God for my actions. What kind of leader does God want me to be?

“Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.” James 5:4.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff


https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/…/11/kid-kidnappers

No comments: