4-27-16 Durability


Sometimes God drives me crazy. He doesn’t listen to my advice. He doesn’t do things like I think they should be done. He lets me go through hard times. He doesn’t let me have the things I want to have. Then He turns around and blesses me. He can be hard to figure out.

The Bible helps me understand Him. Then I forget what I read when I need it. I have to go back to the Bible again. Did God give me a faulty memory so that I would do just that? Hmmm.

Maybe God allows me to go through hard times to make me more durable. Living tissue grows stronger with use, but fabric tears with more use and abuse.

One thing is for sure. He can use the durable me as an example and encouragement to others. I can look at what Job went through and be encouraged. I can’t imagine when he went through, from losing his family, wealth, etc. all in one day. Then he lost his health. I am so glad that God put the rest of the story in the Bible.

At first I didn’t understand today’s verse. As I looked at it I paraphrased it to help a bit: “We esteem or consider them fortunate that persevere. You have heard of the endurance of Job and witnessed the outcome. That the Lord took pity and blessed him with tender mercy.” Because Job made it through I can imagine how much he appreciated God and how happy he was. He didn’t quit on God, but endured with God by his side.

I understand God a little more today!

“Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.” James 5:11.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/durability/

No comments: