8/21 Just for Youth

You Are Becoming Who You Will Be, Part 3 of 3

Daniel was a youth who “purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat,” (Daniel 1:8a). His bold decision, as a young person, set the precedent for the decisions he would make the rest of his life. He was found to be ten times better than the world’s crowd in all matters of wisdom and understanding. Daniel would not have been ten times better at the end of the three years had he not made the decision at the beginning. Daniel became a man who had an excellent spirit. His excellent spirit was not developed over night, but daily, as he made the proper decisions that resulted in his excellent spirit.

Every day, I am making preparations for who and what I will be tomorrow. I am preparing today for the marriage that I will have tomorrow. I am preparing today for the church that I will pastor tomorrow. I am preparing today for the children I will rear tomorrow. I am preparing today for the friendships that I will have tomorrow.

What I put into today will determine what I will get out of tomorrow. If I do not prepare today for tomorrow, then I will not be prepared for what tomorrow brings my way. How can I expect to be a man of character tomorrow, if I do not seek to be a man of character today? How can I be a good husband tomorrow, if I do not implement the qualities of a good husband today?

The same principle applies to any teenager who desires to be successful. You can not expect to live your youthful years unprepared and enter into your “grown up” years and be ready to succeed. If you want to see what you will be like in five years, look into the mirror and see what you are becoming today. Are you becoming a godly Christian? Are you becoming a person of character? Are you becoming a person who pays their bills on time? Are you becoming a person with high moral standards? Are you becoming a loyal follower? Are you becoming a soul winner? Are you becoming someone in whom God would be pleased? If not, then you must begin today to change what you will be tomorrow.

I challenge each of you to prepare today to be what God would have you to be tomorrow. Today you are becoming who you will be.

Dennis Morrello, Lighthouse Baptist Church, Huntington, WV

No comments: