2-29-16 My Attitude "Problem"




I’m angry and I want everyone to know it. I have an attitude and proud of it. I’m moody, deal with it. I’m going to give so-and-so a piece of my mind.

As soon as the new visitor walked through the door of the church one Sunday morning, I knew she would be high maintenance. Sure enough, before the morning was over she wanted to make changes, such as have coffee and donuts and have fellowship instead of Sunday school hour. She had a disrespectful attitude toward the pastor and a domineering spirit.

In a private conversation, she wanted to change how we did the offering, which Bible the church should use, have “updated” music, and so on. She got very angry when I didn’t go along with her demands. Later, she saw me in the local grocery store and let me have it loudly and publically.

She had quite the attitude and was proud of it. James reminds me in this passage that this was not Godly behavior. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

The point for me today is to watch my attitude. No one is immune from getting upset and allowing his/her attitude to get bad - me included. Besides a good attitude sure helps my day.

“But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.” James 3:14-16.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/my-attitude-problem/

No comments: