2/12 Life in the Parkie Lane

Just a Voice                                                                    2-12-14

Because of Parkinson's, my body and attitude will wax and wane. God will help me, even when my body can't, even when I just can't summon up the motivation, even when fears weigh heavily on my mind.  "For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee" Isaiah 41:13. 
"I may have Parkinson's, but Parkinson's doesn't have me," "Befriend PD, embrace PD" "I'm stronger than PD," "You just gotta show PD who's in charge." Basically, catch phrases such as these cause an eye roll on my part because they fall short. They are simply meant to muster up personal strength and attitude from a PD stricken body.
When the priests and Levites (religious experts of the day) asked John, "Just who are you? What do you have to say for yourself." He replied, "I'm a nobody. I'm simply a voice speaking in the wilderness. I just can't keep it inside."
The point is that I have a message to speak, not just catch phrases. Who am I? Just a nobody. But, I do have a purpose with a message of help, hope and comfort for others about Jesus. I am learning how God can use me with Parkinson's as a voice in the wilderness - He can use every Christian in the same manner. Jesus is more than a catch phrase for me!
Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. John 1:22 -23
© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: