2/13 Life in the Parkie Lane

Stink Bomb                                                                                         


Going through my morning routine, I got Dickens, our Yorkie, up for the day.  I held him close to say, "good morning." But not for long! He smelled like stink.  I held him at arms length, called him a stink bomb to his face and let him outside. Then bath time for Dickens! After the bath and blow-drying, he ran amuck through the living room rubbing his face on the carpet. Sometimes he would stop and roll on his back crazily - all attempts to get rid of the nice smelling shampoo aroma.

Dickens was a stink bomb of his own making. You see, he has special needs.  He suffered a back injury last May. His hindquarters became paralyzed along with bodily functions.  Through time and therapy, he regained much of what he lost.  He can walk now, but it isn't a normal walk.  He can re-injure his back easily, so we must be careful with him. He still cannot control his bodily functions normally. He had soiled himself during the night, resulting in the morning stink.

"For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish" 2 Corinthians 2:15. 

A sweet smelling savor, he was not. I know that sometimes I can be a stink bomb of my own making, physically, of course, but also spiritually. Whether my life stinks or is a sweet smelling savor - people notice. God doesn't intend for me to be a stink bomb, He expects my life to be a sweet smelling savor, which makes me more pleasant to be around and glorifies Him.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff



No comments: