2/14 Life in the Parkie Lane

Just for Me                                                         

On our first date 36 years ago, I discovered that this beautiful girl that would later become my wife, had some opposite characteristics.  For example, at the time, I liked "hard rock" music and she liked classical! Somehow, we got over the music thing - we don't listen to either anymore.  Despite our differences, or maybe because of them, we fell in love and got married.

Through the years we have grown, yet always complimented each other.  She has always been exactly what I needed.  That doesn't mean that we always agreed on things, and even if we did, she liked to take route "A" and I took route "B," or was it the other way around to reach the same point?  At no time, no matter how sharp the disagreement did we ever use the word "divorce".

We built our life together, raised out kids together, moved to different places together. We even trusted Christ as our Savior together. God called me into the ministry and we grew spiritually together.  When Parkinson's disease entered our lives, we adjusted and continue to adjust together. We were still on the same path together.

I praise God for my wife.  She is exactly what I needed for my life.  She is the help that has perfectly met my needs and I hers. She has always been my best friend.  She is still my favorite person in the entire world. She has been the help… that meets (perfectly compliments) me.

"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." Genesis 2:18.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: