2/15 Life in the Parkie Lane

Gutshot                                                                                                          

"I'm sorry God, but I don't see a purpose in this!" I cried out after getting "gutshot" again.

I know that Romans 8:28 says that all things work together for good, but I sure didn't see it. I knew this verse was talking to me because I love God and am one of the called ones according to His purpose.  But exactly what is His purpose in this!  I don't see the point!

I haven't gotten everything figured out, but I have seen some good come out of Parkinson's.  I have been able to see humor in life and write about it.  I have been able to help others with chronic illness by pointing them to Jesus. I am not angry with God about it. I understand that PD is according to His purpose for my life.

Sometimes I wonder how many times I can be "gutshot" and still live. However, seeing the good in my PD thus far, gives me hope with the other "gutshot" areas of my life. It helps me to remember that the same event that the devil is using to shoot me in the gut, God is using for good.

I understand that God's purpose through being "gutshot" may be to bring someone who does not know Christ as Savior to Him. It may be to wake a person up toward repentance in an area. It may simply be to help a person grow spiritually. 

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff



No comments: