2/19 Life in the Parkie Lane

You Don't Realize Who I Am                                                    
 

I had trouble with bullies in school.  I know, that may come as a surprise to you, but I did.  I didn't always have this fine example of a masculine physique (don't laugh - you don't realize who I am). I finally broke 100 lbs by graduation.  My usual response to the ape-like human-zees that traveled in harassment-inducing packs was, "I wouldn't pick on me if I were you. Obviously, you don't realize who I am."

This usually resulted in a cacophony of catcalls and laughter rather than physical pain upon my person. Thus, I survived!

The brutes that crucified our Lord, didn't realize who He was.  Many today have heard of Jesus, but don't realize who He is.  Some even deny His existence at all.  He walked this earth - He even made this earth (He is God - part of the Trinity), yet most of those living on this earth don't realize who He is.

Ignorance is bliss?  Maybe at the moment, but one day when it is too late, those that deny Him will meet Him.  Better to listen to the message of our Savior dying for our sins now and trust in Him as Savior, then to realize what a mistake it was to choose ignorance.  Do you realize who Jesus is?

"He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not." John 1:10 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: