2/25 Life in the Parkie Lane

The One, The Only                                                                                      

"Ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages, introducing…the One…the Only…Frazzo the Magnifico," announced the Ringmaster.  "Direct your eyes to the center ring and witness the most amazing feats of derring-do known to mankind. Never before have human eyes witnessed anything so astonishing, so dazzling, so astounding, so baffling and so astonishing. And now…the One…the Only…Frazzo the Magnifico!"

Actually, I made up Frazzo the Magnifico all by myself.  He is my clown self. He really isn't all that amazing, but he is one-of-a-kind.

Jesus is the Messiah, or Christ. "Messiah" is the Hebrew version and "Christ" is the Greek version of the same name meaning "The Annointed One." Judaism expected a king to bring political deliverance and to establish an earthly kingdom. Anointing was an approval ceremony for kings.  God had anointed Jesus as much more than a king. Jesus came to deliver all mankind from their sins, something no man could do.

The title "Jesus Christ" means "Savior, Anointed One" - my deliverer. In so many ways, He is the One, the Only. Too often some clown is touted to be "the one" who will change things, or has cure for some disease like Parkinson's or cancer, for example.

Sometimes I can get so focused on my daily needs, wants, desires, problems and the like that I fail to see my real need for a my Savior. Jesus, the Christ is THE ONE…THE ONLY…no one else can save me for all eternity or help my spirit like He can. I praise God that someone told my wife and me about Jesus all those years ago.

"He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ" John 1:41.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: