2/28 Life in the Parkie Lane

Me and Jesus                                                                                              


One day, a very outgoing black guy I had just met and I were talking about Jesus. I don't remember his name, but his philosophy stuck with me.  He worked as an auto body repairman, as I once did.  During our discussion he told me, "When I work on a car, Jesus is always with me. Me and Jesus are fixing this door.  Me and Jesus are welding this fender. When me and Jesus drive somewhere and I stop, I go around the car and open the door for Jesus. Me and Jesus go everywhere together."

The reality is that Jesus is with me all the time, whether I like it or not. Me and Jesus go through the good times together as well as the challenges together.  Me and Jesus are dealing with Parkinson's. Me and Jesus eat breakfast together.  Me and Jesus go to church together.  Me and Jesus are writing this devotional.

Jesus knows exactly what I need. He is experiencing life with me! I am not alone!

"When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.” Isaiah 41:17 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: