3/1 Life in the Parkie Lane


Daddy Don't Sing                                                                                            


"Daddy, don't sing!" My kids would say when they were small.  However, our Pomeranian, Chico felt differently.  When I would sing he would sing along, the kids would be yelling, "Daddy, don't sing!" But Chico and I didn't care. 

Chico always gave it all he had.  His favorite song was "Happy Birthday." When he and I went for a drive, we sang our own song we made up all by ourselves.  I sang the words, and he sang his version in canine. He was always ready to sing. Chico and I enjoyed making a joyful noise together.

When dark times come, I don't feel like singing. On bad days, a song just doesn't seem to be there. Sometimes God brings a song to mind and I can sing - well I still can't sing, at least not where others appreciate it.  I don't know whether it’s the Parkinson's or not, but people tell me I sing just one note. Regardless, I know that God appreciates my joyful noise.  He knows the singing is coming from my heart and that is what's important to Him.  He knows when my heart is full, a song will come out.

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation." Psalm 95:1 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: