3/2 Life in the Parkie Lane

That's Outta Style                                                                        

I never was one that worried much about style - although, some things need to go out of style, such as '70's suits and baggy pants that are in the process of falling off. Some words come into style and out of style, but "cool" never seems to go out of style.  Ain't that cool?

I have noticed that some people ride the wave of "Christian" fads.  They like the particular Bible translation that is touted at the moment.  They follow the popular media preachers. They buy the fashionable Christian accessories. They listen to the trendy music.  They stay up on the hottest fashions.  There are some people that are attracted to the newest religions, saying that Jesus has gone out of style. Human nature wants new thrills, new stuff, new ways of thinking, new, new, new. 

For some, Christianity has become out of style and no longer politically correct. Some want to hear no mention of God anywhere, especially the name of Jesus.  It is becoming increasingly unpopular to be unashamedly Christian. Fads come and go.  False religions are always vying for people's attention. Most things go outta style at some point.

I am satisfied with the God that is not new, yet has not gone outta style! He is still here. He is still helping people. He is still saving people through the blood of Jesus Christ. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He AM. He is the eternal present tense.

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Exodus 3:14 

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:58 


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: