3/16/14 Life in the Parkie Lane

Who is Jesus to You?                                                                         


In my early years, I attended a Methodist church with my Mom. I remember learning "Onward Christian Soldiers" and that Jesus was a teacher, a healer, a miracle-worker, and God's Son - and I believed those things. That is all what Jesus was to me as I grew up. Something was missing, though. They had fallen short of teaching something important.

Jesus knew I was satisfied with what I had learned in those days. He didn't speak to my heart until I was ready.  He used some people in a Baptist church to bring the Gospel to me, when I was about 25 years old. I realized that all those things I had been taught were true, but that Jesus was much more than simply those things. He died on the cross to be my Savior. I believed that, and still do. I prayed and asked God to save me - He had time for me and saved me.

This passage records that Jesus performed miracles and many believed. Yet, it says that Jesus did not commit Himself unto them because He knew them. As God, He could see into their hearts.  Some believed in Jesus as far as a miracle-worker.  Some came to for healing and that is all, some came for the show and that's as far as their belief went.  Jesus didn't waste any more time with them. 

I praise God that Jesus is now much more to me than a teacher, healer, miracle-worker and God's Son - He is my Savior and much more! Who is Jesus to you?

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man." John 2:23-25.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: