3/18 Life in the Parkie Lane

The Danger of  Nothing                                                                     


"Warning…Danger Will Robinson…Danger Will Robinson!"  "Lost in Space" is still one of the most spellbinding, suspenseful shows I ever watched - or so I thought when I was a kid.  The robot always knew when danger was lurking nearby and sounded the warning to save Will Robinson from bodily harm and/or death by announcing, "Warning…Danger Will Robinson…Danger Will Robinson!" The flailing of the dryer hose arms emphasized the urgency of the situation, causing me to curl-up in fear on the couch, peaking out between my fingers. Something had to be done, and fast! (I still do this, but under a blankie so that my wife doesn't see it). 

In this passage, Jesus warns of the danger of doing nothing. If I have not believed on Him as our Savior, I am in trouble. I am glad that I heeded that warning and trusted Christ as my Savior all those years ago.  I walked traded the darkness for the Light. 

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: