3/19 Life in the Parkie Lane

The Weepies                                                                                  

I hate the weepies.  One day I was watching "Unstoppable" starring Chris Pine.  The hero was trying to stop a runaway train.  In one scene, he his foot got crushed (at least that is what think I remember).  I do remember starting to weep - about an action movie!  I normally don't cry, especially over something like an action movie.  But, Parkinson's disease can mess with the emotions at times.

Sometimes life can get to be too much to handle, and PD contributes to the problem with the weepies.  Basically, I need to ride out such days.  Yesterday was like that. I "dis-membered" myself from any FB groups that allowed stressful posts from scammers and spammers and then trusted in the Lord for rest.

I personalize today's passage like this:  "Come unto me when you pushing on and weighed down with life and I will give you rest. Take my yoke of Parkinson's upon you, (own it, wear it, use it) and learn of Me.  Don't misunderstand, I am not overbearing and mean, I simply want you to find rest in Me.  In me, you can find rest for your soul. You see, Parkinson's is really a light thing and the burden isn't so bad - as long as you allow Me to help."

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff



No comments: