3/20 Life in the Parkie Lane

Dim Lighting                                                                                         


I turned on the basement laundry room light to see a 1.5 inch brownish blur zipping around on a wall.  It did figure eights and circles until it stopped to catch its breath.  A centipede! It was fast but not really smart because it covered a lot of ground without covering a lot of ground.  Then, it zipped under the washer. I tried on several occasions over the next few days to inflict bodily harm upon its person, but it always got to safety first. It preferred darkness to light.

One day, I found it holed up in the overflow opening in the bathroom sink. I turned on the lights over the sink and it slipped backwards into the darkness.  Nothing I used to force it out would make the sink-shaped bend of the passage. I had a eureka moment!  I plugged in my air compressor, put the rubber-tipped air-blower up to the opening and pressed the trigger.  It literally blew the creeping thing up, or should I say, apart. 

The natural tendency for all humans is to feel free in the dark like that centipede. Jesus isn't always welcome because He illuminates sin.  He came not to condemn us, but to reveal our condemned state so that we could turn to Him for salvation.

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:19.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff



No comments: