3/21 Life in the Parkie Lane

The Same Thing Only Different                                                          


In Bible college I had to take a course on music.  I like music, but I didn't understand how it works.  The professor said it was basically mathematics.  That didn't help, I hate math. I asked him why the notes started over and didn't just keep going with the alphabet.  Why couldn't we have a "J" or an "m" note? And if the "m's" were connected wouldn't that make it an "m&m" note? He tried to explain to me why the notes started over by saying that they were the same thing only different. Sigh. 

I am the same person I was before I was saved, only different.  I am just the cleaned up version, rather than the corrupted, messed up version. I used to like the dark, but now I prefer the Light.

Since all men loved darkness, yet some turn to Jesus, something has changed. Jesus died on the cross for all people.  Some remain in a condemned state and some don't. Some are prefer in the dark and some are prefer the light.

"For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” John 3:20-21.


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: