3/24 Life in the Parkie Lane

My Vehicle, An Extension                                                                                   


I view the vehicle I drive as an extension of my personality. It is a part of me, in a manner of speaking, especially if I had rebuilt or repainted the vehicle. It was always a visible manifestation of what I could do as an auto body repairman, as well as an outward expression of my preferences in a vehicle. The more time I spent working on the vehicle the closer my relationship with it. Therefore, I would rather fix up a vehicle than buy a new one.  However, my Parkinson's disease has affected what I am able to do.  

Jesus is the Son of God and God at the same time.  This puzzled me for a while until I saw Jesus as an extension of God - a much more real extension than a vehicle. He is the visible manifestation of God.  Jesus is the vehicle God used to provide salvation for all of us.  Jesus is the vehicle God uses for our advocate. Jesus is the vehicle for us to reach God. Jesus is the Word of God, as well.  Something we can see and feel and experience. The more time I spend in the Word and learning of Jesus, the closer our relationship becomes.

"For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:34-36.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: