3/27 Life in the Parkie Lane

My High-performance Office Chairs


I'm not a shopper, unless I can go to a u-pull-it auto salvage yard.  Then I shop.  I found my office chairs there.  Seriously, I did.  I was looking in vehicles and saw a blue seat in a Chevy Blazer.  I happily removed it, placed it in my wheelbarrow (a salvage yard shopping cart) and continued shopping.  Later, I found a masculine-looking charcoal grey one in another Blazer - one for me, one for my wife. I was a happy shopper.

I took them home and began the re-purposing process.  I took the bases off our old office chairs, made adaptor plates out of plywood and mounted the bases onto the seats.  They turned out very well.  Although, I learned one day that I best not pull the recliner handle or I'll end up on my back on the floor. FYI, I work at my computer without seatbelts and I text while sitting in my high performance office chair.

Since I bought the seats, I could use them differently than the manufacturer intended.  In a similar manner, I am God's vessel.  He can re-purpose me and use me differently whenever He wants.  This passage says the potter made it again another vessel.  Through Parkinson's disease (and other events), He has changed my ministry, changed my direction in life, made changes that I wonder what He is doing. Since He made me, he can use me differently than in the way that I think He intended.

Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel. Jeremiah 18:3-6.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: