3/4 Life in the Parkie Lane

Stark Raving Stupid!                                                                         


I watched a video the other day of a man that went stark raving stupid. He got angry with another driver and experienced road rage. Never mind he broke traffic laws, never mind he banged up his vehicle by trying to run the guy he was mad at off the road, never mind he ran at least one other person off the road, never mind other people saw him, never mind he caused a traffic jam.  He didn't care.  He had gone stark raving stupid (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0hhoO5Z6pw

It sure brings to mind the expression that an angry person is mad.  Is there a big difference between getting mad and going mad? Next time I get mad, maybe I can claim temporary stupidity? "Sorry, but I just went stark raving stupid there for a moment." Sometimes meds can cause this type of thing to happen, but usually it is my own fault.

I think we all get stark raving stupid at times. Of course, these moments are never our finest moments, but they happen.  The point is that we can ask for forgiveness. We should not live in a perpetual state of stark raving stupidity.  Someone who is stark raving stupid day in and day out brings on there own problems, which gives them something more to be mad about. It is simply a vicious cycle of stupid.

Sometimes I notice no one wants to be around me and those who are around me are difficult. It isn't always them - its me being stark raving stupid.

"An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression." Proverbs 29:22 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: