3/5 Life in the Parkie Lane

 A Walk-Away Moment                                                                   


"What's wrong?" my wife asked as I sat at my computer. 

"What makes you think something is wrong?" I asked, feigning ignorance.  I knew she could read it in my face.  My countenance had fallen. It's just much more fun to say than to say that I looked sad and defeated with depression taking over.

"I can see it written all over your face."

"I was working on this project.  I almost had it finished, but the power went out for a second, then right back on, but my work had disappeared.  All those hours of work, gone in a split second." I learned from that incident to save my work and always backup, backup, backup.

"This sounds like a walk-away moment," she advised.

My face displays my attitude. People that know me, especially my wife, can read my face and know whether my Parkinson's is acting up, for example. Just like everyone else, I have various expressions for different feelings.  Generally, I have a pleasant expression as I go through my day. When things go wrong, my countenance can fall.

I think that next time I see a grumpy person, I just might say, "Oh thou with the fallen countenance, instead of asking, 'what's wrong?'"

"But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?" Genesis 4:5-6 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: