3/6 Life in the Parkie Lane

No Stupid Question                                                            


I have lived blissfully in ignorance all these years. I did not know a little known secret regarding the boxes for aluminum foil, plastic stretch wrap and such like.  I always fought the things when I wanted some aluminum foil, for example.  Whenever I tried to pull the foil off the tube, it would pull the whole tube out of the box. It would land on the floor unraveling as it went. 

I guess ignorance wasn't really bliss.  Someone shared something on Facebook one day.  This person showed that some brands had little slits cut in the ends of the boxes that needed to be pushed in - the inward folded flaps would then hold the tube in place - making it much easier to use.

I sprang up from my office chair and scrambled  to the cupboard to check out this life-changing event (It wasn't really all that dramatic with Parkinson's, but you know what I mean). I looked at our boxes - no such niftiness.  I discovered that because we bought the store brand it didn't have that clever feature. Life is tougher for cheapskates.

I returned to my desk to find that someone had posted, "Are you kidding me? Who doesn't know this?" among other derogatory things. Was that really necessary? Evidently, they didn't know what I discovered about store brand boxes. 

I am sure glad that God does not do that when I ask Him a dumb question - He "upbraideth not." He is not out to make Himself feel superior, but to be a help and a guide to people like me. 


"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff





                                                                                                                        

No comments: